Family Life Curriculum Development Process Public Meetings
February 1, 2022
As communicated last semester, effective 2021-2022, all school systems in Tennessee are required to implement a program of family life education (T.C.A. 49-6-1302). In the fall, CMCSS sought feedback from teachers, parents/guardians, and other stakeholders on three proposed Family Life Curriculum resources that could be used by educators to teach the required components. After reviewing feedback with the CMCSS School Board, District leaders paused the process to seek additional guidance from the Tennessee Department of Education, legal counsel, and other districts across Tennessee.
CMCSS is inviting all stakeholders to engage in the Family Life Curriculum development process by participating in one of the upcoming public meetings. At the meetings, District personnel will engage with stakeholders to address the following questions:
- What materials or textbooks will be used to develop the CMCSS curriculum?
- How will teachers and students access the curriculum?
- What is required to be taught?
- Tuesday, February 15
- 10 a.m. at Central Services South – 1312 Highway 48/13, Clarksville, TN 37040
- 5:30 p.m. at West Creek High School – 1210 West Creek Coyote Trail, Clarksville, TN 37042 (enter at the cafeteria/activities entrance)
- Thursday, February 17
- 5:30 p.m. at Central Services South – 1312 Highway 48/13, Clarksville, TN 37040
If you have any questions or input, please use the following link: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/FamLifeEd